Warranty Terms & Conditions
Amplimesh® Products Come With Market-Leading Warranties
Amplimesh® is an innovative range of products that allows unobstructed views with maximum strength and security. They are incredibly hard-wearing and corrosion-resistant, but regular maintenance is required to sustain the original look of the product.
The warranty is offered by the authorised Amplimesh® dealer whose name, address, telephone number and email address is specified on the invoice in respect of the Amplimesh® product.
Amplimesh® warranty will cover the aluminium framing and mesh used in the product to be free of any defects from the date of installation for the applicable Warranty Period, including any defects in manufacturing and workmanship, when the product has been fabricated and installed by an Amplimesh® dealer following the Amplimesh® Fabricator Manuals.
Warranty Exclusions & Limitations
The authorised Amplimesh® dealer acknowledges that the goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL). The customer is entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. The customer is also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Nothing in this warranty purports to have or has the effect on excluding, limiting or modifying any rights, entitlements or remedies that may be conferred on a customer under the ACL or the relevant Sale of Goods Act in the State or Territory where the product is located, to the extent that those rights, entitlements or remedies cannot be excluded or modified by agreement.
Subject to the customer’s consumer rights under the ACL, this warranty DOES NOT apply to:
- Events outside of control such as fire, acts of God, floods, motor vehicle accidents, natural disasters, etc.
- Installation and/or repaired and/or service of a product by a person who is not an authorised Amplimesh® dealer
- Intentional product damage
- Product disassembly
- Product alteration
- Failure to upkeep product maintenance as per the Amplimesh® Care and Maintenance guide on the back page of this document
- Improper use of the product
- Defects that occur outside the Warranty Period (refer to paragraph below)
- Normal wear and tear
- Locks, cylinders, hinges, door closers or any other associated accessories and hardware fitted to the Amplimesh® product. Refer to the authorised Amplimesh® dealer for relevant manufacturer/ supplier warranties on these components.
As with any other valuable product, proper and adequate maintenance must occur to keep your Amplimesh® products performing at their best; proper care is essential. Please follow the specific cleaning advice in this document to ensure your Amplimesh® product warranty remains valid. The table on the back page of this document explains the recommended frequency, depending on your environment and location.
Subject to the customer’s consumer rights under the
1. under this warranty, neither party is liable in any way for any indirect or consequential loss (including loss of profit, revenue, reputation or opportunity), in contract, tort (including
negligence) or otherwise arising in connection with the Amplimesh® products supplied.
2. this warranty applies to the exclusion of any term, condition, warranty, representation or covenant of any kind in respect to the Amplimesh® product (or any part thereof) including its value, quality, durability, condition, design, operation, description, merchantability, performance or fitness for use or purpose.
HOW WILL THE WARRANTY BE HONOURED
Subject to the customer’s consumer rights under the ACL, if the Amplimesh® product fails to function the way it has been described to function during the Warranty Period under this warranty, the authorised Amplimesh® dealer has the option to:
a) replace or repair the Amplimesh® products;
b) replace or repair the faulty component or parts of
the Amplimesh® products;
c) supply equivalent goods to the Amplimesh®
d) pay for the cost of replacing or repairing the Amplimesh® products or of acquiring equivalent goods to the Amplimesh® products.
Warranty Period and Claims
- For Amplimesh® Supascreen® products, the Warranty Period is 16 years commencing from the date of installation by the authorised Amplimesh® dealer.
- For Amplimesh® Intrudaguard® products, the Warranty Period is 10 years commencing from the date of installation by the authorised Amplimesh® dealer.
- For Amplimesh® PrivacyGuard® products, the Warranty Period is 7 years commencing from the date of installation by the authorised Amplimesh® dealer.
- Where an Amplimesh® product has been repaired or replaced, the Warranty Period will apply to the repaired or replaced Amplimesh® product for the balance of unexpired Warranty Period.
MAKING A CLAIM
To make a warranty claim, the original purchaser of the Amplimesh® product must make initial contact with the authorised Amplimesh® dealer who installed and supplied the Amplimesh® products and provide the original invoice and warranty confirmation. Claims must be submitted in writing to the Amplimesh®
dealer within 30 days of occurring.
The Amplimesh® dealer may inspect the Amplimesh® product (during normal business hours) to determine the nature and cause of the defect. If the Amplimesh® dealer determines that there is a valid claim, the cost to repair or replace the defective Amplimesh® product with the same or similar product to the Amplimesh® product will be borne by the Amplimesh® dealer. If the Amplimesh® dealer determines that the claim is not valid, it may recover any costs related to such warranty claim.
If the Amplimesh® dealer who installed and supplied the Amplimesh® products cannot be contacted, the purchaser of the Amplimesh® product should contact Capral Limited, see capral.com.au/contact for further information.