DIY or BUY? Security Screens
When shopping for security screens, the thought of “Doing it Yourself” (DIY) may come to mind. It can save money and be a way to challenge yourself. But can you actually install a security door yourself or should you leave it to a professional to install it? Below we will discuss the considerations for DIY versus BUY-ing a security screen.
In Australia, standards must be followed when supplying and installing a legitimate security door or screen product. These include:
- AS 5039: Security screen doors and security window grilles
- AS 5040: Installation of security screen doors and window grilles
- AS 5041: Methods of test – Security screen doors and window grilles
DIY may seem like a good idea but in actual fact it not possible to DIY a security screen, the screen will not meet Australian standards, putting your safety at risk.
How we can help
Amplimesh® has authorised dealers across Australia, servicing more than two million Australian homes over the last 50 years. Our dealers can guide you through the process of purchasing custom-built and made-to-size security screens and windows, so you can ensure your family is safe with our high-quality products and service.
- You deal with experts that have extensive knowledge.
- The security door is custom-made for precise measurements, matching your personalised home.
- Your security door will be guaranteed to fit securely, keeping your house safe.
- Your product is tested and meets Australian security screens and door standards.
- If, for any reason, there are product defects or it isn’t installed correctly, you’ll be able to get a new product installed.
How do I get a quote?
Amplimesh offers a free measure and quote service through one of our Amplimesh dealers today. You can do this through our dealer locator on our website or by getting a quote form to find out how much it will cost to supply and install your security screens and doors today.