AMPLIMESH® SUPASCREEN® & INTRUDAGUARD® WARRANTY
This warranty applies to Amplimesh® Supascreen® products and Amplimesh® Intrudaguard® products purchased from and installed by authorised Amplimesh® dealers (Amplimesh® products), subject to the terms and conditions in this document.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE GUIDE
The finishes that are applied to Amplimesh® products are of high quality and are extremely durable and weather resistant. Like all fixtures around the home some maintenance is required to preserve the original appearance of the product.
Surfaces should be kept clean by prompt removal of all dust, dirt, grime and any foreign matter using clean water and a small amount of mild detergent. Do not under any circumstances use any abrasive type cleaning agent (Ajax or similar) or cleaning material (such as steel wool) as it will damage the anodised surface. Thoroughly wash off any residue of detergent with clean water.
Deposited grime absorbs moisture and holds it against the powder coated surface, damaging the coating. Surfaces should be kept clean by prompt removal of all dust, dirt, grime and any foreign matter using a soft sponge with clean water and a small amount of mild detergent. Thoroughly wash off any residue of detergent with clean water to avoid deterioration of the coating which will occur as a result of soap deposition. Do not under any circumstances use any abrasive type cleaning agent (Ajax or similar). If small scratches occur, they can be buffed out using a good quality car polish. Care must be taken to ensure the coated surface is not removed.
Frequency of cleaning is largely dependent on the location of the building. In most circumstances cleaning may be carried out every 3-4 months. Amplimesh® products installed close to more severe conditions, such as marine or industrial environments, should be cleaned every 2-4 weeks.
WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The authorised Amplimesh® dealer is the manufacturer and warrantor of these Amplimesh® products, subject to the following terms and conditions:
For Amplimesh® Supascreen® products, the Warranty Period is 16 years commencing from the date of installation by the authorised Amplimesh® dealer. For Amplimesh® Intrudaguard® products, the Warranty Period is 10 years commencing from the date of installation by the authorised Amplimesh® dealer.
Claims must be submitted in writing to the Amplimesh® dealer within 30 days of occurring together with a copy of the proof of purchase including tax invoice. The Amplimesh® dealer may inspect the Amplimesh® product (during normal business hours) to determine the nature and cause of the defect. If the Amplimesh® dealer determines that there is a valid claim, the cost to repair or replace the defective Amplimesh® product with the same or similar product to the Amplimesh® product will be borne by the Amplimesh® dealer. If the Amplimesh® dealer determines that the claim is not valid, it may recover any costs related to such warranty claim.
The warranty does not cover:
- Defects that occur outside the Warranty Period
- Normal wear and tear
- Product that has been repaired and or serviced by a person who is not an authorised Amplimesh® dealer
- Product that has been modified or altered in any way
- Product that has not been maintained in accordance with the Care and Maintenance Guide
- Product that has been damaged by matters covered by the owner’s insurance and/or outside the control of the authorised Amplimesh® dealer – such as fire, theft, abuse or an act of God
- Defects that result from use other than normal residential use
- Locks, cylinders, hinges, door closers or any other associated accessories and hardware fitted to the Amplimesh®product. Refer to the authorised Amplimesh® dealer for relevant manufacturer/ supplier warranties on these components.
- In relation to the Amplimesh® products the subject of an order for less than $40,000, the authorised Amplimesh® dealer acknowledges that the Amplimesh® products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the Amplimesh® products repaired or replaced if the Amplimesh® products fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- Nothing in this Limitations section purports to have or has the effect on excluding, limiting or modifying any rights, entitlements or remedies that may be conferred on you under the Competition and Consumer Act 2011 (Cth) or the Sale of Goods legislation, to the extent that those rights, entitlements or remedies cannot be excluded or modified by agreement.
- Subject to paragraphs 1 and 2 of this Limitations section, neither party is liable in any way for any indirect or consequential loss (including loss of profit, revenue, reputation or opportunity), in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise arising in connection with the Amplimesh® products supplied.
- Subject to paragraphs 1 and 2 of this Limitations section, this warranty applies to the exclusion of any term, condition, warranty, representation or covenant of any kind in respect to the Amplimesh® product (or any part thereof) including its value, quality, durability, condition, design, operation, description, merchantability, performance or fitness for use or purpose.
- Subject to paragraphs 1 and 2 of this Limitations section, the liability of the authorised Amplimesh® dealer for breach of the warranty will be limited to one or more of the following:
(a) In the case of Amplimesh® products:
- The replacement of the Amplimesh® products or the supply of equivalent goods
- The repair of the Amplimesh® products
- The payment of the cost of replacing the Amplimesh® products or acquiring equivalent goods
- The payment of the cost of having the Amplimesh® products repaired.
(b) In the case of services:
- The supplying of the services again
- The payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.